SNEAKER DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT - NYC
When: Thursday, June 9th - Sunday, June 12th 2022 (9AM - 6PM ET)
Where: SRGN Studios, Seaport NYC
What: Over the course of 4 days you will be completely immersed in everything you need to know about sneaker design and development.
Learn key terms used in the industry before dissecting a creative design brief. You will go step by step into the design and development process from inspiration to conceptualization, sourcing, refinement, and fit trials. Organize your ideas through an inspiration and trend board. Conceptualization - bring your ideas to life through sketching, thumbnail techniques, and rendering. Give and receive constructive feedback from your peers and instructors and use that to refine your initial concept. Present your full idea with your final design review. Gain marketable skills to get your foot in the door into the fashion and design industry.
- Inspiration - Learn how to create a trend and inspiration board
- Conceptualization - Sketch Warm Ups, Thumbnail Sketching, Thumbnail Techniques, Concept Sketching, and Rendering
- Design Review - Get feedback on concept sketches from your peers to finalize your design
- Refinement - Utilize comments from the Design Review to refine the final design.
- Fit Trials
- Product Sourcing
- Final Design Review
- Present your full journey -trend board, thumbnails, concept sketches,
and the final rendering.
What's provided during class:
- Light Pad
- Marker Paper
- Colored Markers
- Colored Pencils
- Cool Grey Markers
- Metallic Mesh for Shading
- Sketch Pencils
- Inking Micron Pen
- White pen for highlights
- Breakfast and Lunch each day
- Snacks and Beverages