Sneaker Development 101 / December 6th-7th, 2021 / Los Angeles, CA
Introducing Sneaker Development 101, a hands on technical training course designed to teach you the development process from start to finish.
In this 2 day course, you will be completely immersed in everything you need to know about developing a sneaker. Walk through each step of the process including how to create a product spec, understanding the outsole detail, blueprint corrections, and review.
Students will learn how to source materials needed for mass production, walk through fit trials, and prepare to send their design to production. By the end of this course, students will gain a valuable understanding of the sneaker industry and leave with marketable skills to get your foot in the door of the fashion and design industry.
- Product Spec - Learn how to source your design materials for mass production
- Outsole Detail - Learn how to create a standard drawing
- Outsole Blueprint Corrections - Create 11 views of the sole to send to the manufacturer
- Prototype Review and Corrections - Learn valuable communication skills with the manufacturer and how to make corrections needed while staying true to your unique design.
- Tape Up - A process that will help visualize corrections needed.
- Confirmation Sample - Review samples and effectively communicate any needs prior to mass production
- Fit Trials - 3 standard sizes to try on shoes and give feedback on the fit and feel
- Production - It's showtime! What the process of quality control and mass production will be like.
December 6th-7th 9AM-6PM PDT
Los Angeles, CA
Optional Pre-Requisite Course: